LIGHT & HAPPINESS
Why « happiness »?
- Because this year is the « international year of light » by United Nations and UNESCO
- Because this is the 20th anniversary of Maison & Objet
- Because this is time to cheer up our lives
- Because the light can bring the happiness to your heart and boost your spirit, your body and even your environment!
The 7 rooms’ details:
1. Perception of Happiness: As introduction, an original video is demonstrating the relation between facial expressions and light taking a mask of Noh play as example. In this space presented several lighting fixtures creating cheerful effect, a luminaire using acoustic material that protects you from aggressive noise and makes rassuring feeling, a brand new conceptual light object dedicated for the well-being of different creatures based on the concept of perceptible wave length of light etc.
2. Happiness to the eyes: Organic LED (OLED), expected to be the next generation of light source after LED in a couple of years, is presented in this room. Cheerful and colorful light composition shows the letter « HAPPINESS », thanks to the exclusive technology to create dual-color OLED panels.
3. Happy Time! Party time with colorful lighting effect and balloons. Enjoy sweets, which activate the brain, and sparkling drinks, indispensable for a festive occasion. Don’t miss this happy lighting ambiance.
4. Do I look happy? : Have you ever tried to see how you look different by changing the angle of light casting on your own face? This room makes you experiment it and gives a chance to confirm how the light affects on the appearance of human’s face in divers scenes in daily life.
5. Mental Happiness: A meditating room using soothing color lights. A special space perfume and an original healing music enhance the effect.
6. Environmental Happiness: More and more between us is taking benefit of SOHO (small office home office) system today, but facing at the difficulty to conciliate working environment and cozy atmosphere. In this room, you can find some propositions of lighting products, launched at this occasion, to take balance between awesome working space in a small space or home and also to create comfort and variety.
7. Technology and Happiness: An original chandelier, specially custom-made for this exhibition, shows you never-seen lighting effects thanks to an interactive control system linked to moving detector. Besides, this room includes educational demonstrations of some tips on lights in interior design, such as color temperature and color rendering.