1. Original light art: Taking the beauty of natural light as the motif, we employed production technology to create an original artistic installation showing the poesy of light.
2. Fun light: The newest interactive technology, a current theme in the lighting world, is introduced. The movement of the visitor him/herself serves as the driving force from which light is born in the mysterious Becoming Light experience corner.
3. Light and nature: Proposals are offered for atypical applications of light. A new perspective and spirit is proposed to visitors such as the creators and coordinators by showing the newest products from various manufacturers selected by the designer in unusual applications.
An installation was created on the theme of nature, using light fittings inspired by new organic features such as the aurora and light reeds.
4. Technology and beauty: New technology helpful to the coordinator is introduced. We mustn’t forget that the beauty and diversity of light have evolved along with the progress of lighting technology. The newest state-of-the-art technology is introduced in this corner as a light art installation. The latest types of LEDs and techniques used for beam control are demonstrated in a beautiful, enjoyable way.
5. A small art museum: Techniques used by designers specializing in lighting used in art museums are introduced. Akari-Lisa Ishii will give a lecture on lighting know-how gained from her experience with lighting special exhibits at the National Gallery.
6. Pure light: In this installation, a thin line of pure light, currently in high vogue, is used to create a symbolic light gate enclosing the space.
7. Next generation light sources: OLEDs, said to be the successors to LEDs are used to their fullest in this Japanistic light installation. Tatami and shoji (paper screens) form the motif for this attempt at fusion-style interior design.